As the national peak body empowering Australian seniors in technology in Australia, we have been hosting an annual conference aimed specifically at seniors each year since 1998, designed to encourage and inspire seniors to embrace technology.
This year’s conference theme is “Making Digital life safe and fun!”, with a focus on keeping safe, while still enjoying all that digital life has to offer seniors.
ASCCA is a not for profit company with limited guarantee and a genuine registered charity.
As with any major conference, there are many costs associated with pulling an event like this together, and as a not for profit / charitable organisation, that does not receive any recurring government funding to engage staff to coordinate, facilitate and deliver events. For this reason, each year, we seek financial support from the business community to help us engage and empower seniors through technology.
Sponsorship is essential to enable ASCCA to keep the cost affordable for seniors to participate in this socially inclusive learning opportunity.
ASCCA is keen to identify and respond to the needs of seniors to empower them in enhancing their skills to use telecommunications and technology. We want them to be confident but safe users of the Internet and other technologies. The Conference will provide participants with the opportunity to see and hear speakers who are experts in various fields of technology. The Conference has been planned to cater for differing levels of computer literacy, across a wide-ranging technology and the general interests of Seniors.
Seniors Computer Clubs, linked together by ASCCA, provide a friendly, social environment that endeavour to address the individual needs of their members. Their prime objective is to instruct seniors to use and enjoy the benefits of modern communication formats, keep them up to date with technological changes, demonstrate how technology can enrich their lives, and to learn how to stay safe and secure in an ever more dangerous digital world.
While ASCCA welcomes any amount of sponsorship, we have bronze, silver and gold and platinum levels.
|BRONZE||$1,500||Logos, bio/paragraph on Conference page on website and a link to their choice of site acknowledgement at end of day|
|SILVER||$3,000||Above and 15 min speaking spot|
|GOLD||$5,000||Above and 30 min speaking spot|
|PLATINUM||$10,000 +||Above and Naming rights|
In return ASCCA will promote the Conference and acknowledge its Sponsors via –
- ASCCA’s website, Homepage and specific Conference web page, will acknowledge all Sponsors and the level of sponsorship.
- ASCCA’s monthly eNews emailed to a mailing list of around 850 subscribers.
- ASCCA’s Club Forum Zoom Meetings held on the second Friday of each month
- Via Alex Zaharov-Reutt’s weekly radio segments on:
- Radio 2CC in Canberra (Saturdays 10.30am to 11am, listen via 1206AM Canberra or the RadioApp on iOS and Android)
- ABC Townsville, Tuesdays 9.35am to 9.50am (listen on local Townsville AM radio or via the ABC Listen app on iOS and Android)
- ABC Hobart, Thursdays 6.10pm (listen on local Hobart AM radio or via the ABC Listen app on iOS and Android)
- Other ABC stations that Alex is a guest contributor on
- On Charlie Brown’s Life and Technology show on Radio 2GB, Saturdays 8am to 9am on 873AM or the RadioApp on iOS and Android, closer to the event, as Charlie has been a Conference Guest Speaker for many years.
- Articles and videos that will appear at iTWire.com and YouTube.com/iTWireTV
- Videos that will appear on YouTube.com/AlexOnTech
- All who visit the ASCCA website special Conference Page – accessed by a simple “click” from the link at the top of the Home Page of www.ascca.org.au
- As part of the Conference promotion to the general ASCCA mailing list and Network Partners and Stakeholders (such as other seniors advocacy bodies)
During the Conference itself, attendees will be reminded of the Sponsors whose support helped make the Conference possible, and will direct them to any information our Sponsors have made available, also published on the Conference Page on the ASCCA website.
Reciprocal links from the ASCCA website, Conference / Sponsor’s page to/from the Sponsor’s website. If you have any content in the style of blog posts or other videos you wish to share, we will post that at our conference page. Ideally, the content should be targeted at our theme “Making digital life safe and fun” and promoting the ways that your product can be used in a senior’s life. For example, case studies, an interview or interviews Alex can conduct with you, demonstration of how easy it is to use your products and services, etc.
As previously mentioned, the Conference will be recorded. We would very much appreciate permission to use the recordings of guest speakers as well as their support material in our own public domain. ASCCA will continuously promote the conference, even after the event, encouraging people to watch and learn from the great information that was conveyed on the day. Historically, the Conference content published on the ASCCA website has seen great viewing numbers, for example, the 2016 Conference page has recorded over 50,000 views in the last four years.
If at all possible, Sponsors are encouraged to give away prizes of products and/or services, drawn among those attending the conference live, so as to encourage live attendance, adding greater value for Conference attendees. The prizes to be awarded via random number generator app picking from a series of numbers that represent each attendee, with the prizes drawn during the event, between speakers. If the prizes are digital, we are happy to send the license codes so individual winners can activate their software prize, if the prize is physical, we will send you the names, addresses and contact details of the winner so you can send the prize from your end as this will avoid double handling.
Sponsorship funds contributed may be tax deductible to businesses and individuals, if it is a true donation, rather than a “pure ROI opportunity”. We encourage our supporters to sponsor this event as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility programs. ASCCA will happily promote and thank all sponsors and contributors to our members throughout the conference.
Who attends the ASCCA Conference?
In 2021, 150 tickets were sold and in 2022, it is hoped to at least match the number of tickets sold, if not exceed this number.
The Conference will be available freely online via YouTube within the week of the event, however, there are clear incentives for attending in person. There will be a live, moderated Q&A session after each segment with the speaker for a few minutes, and there will be prizes throughout the day that can only be won by being in virtual attendance.
The tech savvy seniors that attend ASCCA’s annual Conference are representatives, members, leaders and trainers of computer and technology clubs from across Australia who share the information they learn with their own groups and have been doing so for many years.
How will ASCCA promote the Conference, and with it, our sponsors?
- In our monthly newsletters to ASCCA clubs, the ASCCA Facebook page and our partner networks including other Seniors advocacy bodies
- Through ASCCA website traffic and the new ASCCA monthly 1 hour Zoom networking meetings
- Via promotion in the print media such as “The Senior” that graciously publishes information about the ASCCA Conference
- Via radio segments that ASCCA Director of Public Relations, Alex Zaharov-Reutt, contributes to on both ABC and commercial radio
- Via promotion in news articles Alex publishes to iTWire.com
- A link directly to relevant content on your site. This may be seniors related content or products that you wish to promote
- Logo on holding pages in between speakers
- Spoken acknowledgement of thanks at different times during the Conference
- Inclusion of info about your company in emailed Conference updates
- If you can think of anything in addition to the above that you could do, or offer, or other YouTube videos we can publish, or other information you would like to share, please let me know.
Should you require any additional information please don’t hesitate to contact our Director – Promotions and Sponsorship, Alex Zaharov-Reutt via email; email@example.com