Benefits of Joining ASCCA
ASCCA Membership is open to any organisation promoting access to information technology by older people. ASCCA is represented in every State and Territory of Australia.
The Association welcomes enquiries from existing computer clubs, computer groups within seniors’ organisations and from communities which are considering promoting computer training for seniors.
Member clubs remain autonomous.
Some of the many benefits of joining ASCCA are:
- Access to ASCCA’s training materials on its website via the Member Club Login pages, advice on computer topics and techniques by the Tech Info for Clubs, Newsletters and support by phone if needed.
- Each member club has access to software, hardware, refurbished desktops and laptops all at discounted prices through Connecting Up.
- Advice and support from ASCCA about managing your club or providing training for your members if requested.
- A website presence on the ASCCA website.
- Being part of a network of clubs to share information.
- We host events such as ASCCA seminars, workshops and the Annual ASCCA Conference.
- A discounted fee for all club members attending at any ASCCA seminars, workshops and the Annual ASCCA Conference.
- We gain support from government, technology companies and businesses.
- A monthly Newsletter plus Newsbreaks when there is news about grants, events or other news of interest.
- Annual Competitions in photography.
- The ASCCA office provides a contact point for seniors looking for tuition in their residential area.