The Australian Seniors Computer Clubs Association [ASCCA] Board of Directors advises all members that the Special General Meeting with the intention to propose a special resolution in order to adopt the proposed new ASCCA Constitution 2022, previously scheduled for September 2nd will now be held:
September 17th 2022 via Zoom
Starting at: 10.00am AEST (Sydney Melbourne, Canberra) / 9:30am ACST (Darwin, Adelaide) / 8.00am AWST (Perth)
We ask all member Clubs to nominate a delegate to attend on the Club’s behalf, they are asked to please register via this link.
A link with the meeting details will then be emailed to registrants.
The proposed new Constitution can be found on our Governance page – or by clicking here.
For your delegates’ information prior to the meeting;
It was necessary to rewrite the ASCCA constitution because:-
- The government made a law stating that all nominees for a Board position had to have a Directors Identification number
- To widen the scope for people to nominate for directorships providing they can show competency
- Clarified the classes of memberships
- Stop Directors from voting at our general meetings
- Correction of spelling and grammatical errors