Guidelines and Categories
Entries open 15th September and close at midnight on 30th September 2022.
The approach this year is on creativity and interpretation of the categories. Photographic technical ability is still important but not more important than the creative interpretation of the subject. Considering both will allow all entrants to show their abilities. The seven categories include enough scope and a broad enough explanation to allow entrants with a wide range of skills and imagination to confidently enter any category. All entries are to be submitted by the individual photographer who is permitted to present one photograph, to a maximum size of 4MB in each category, taken between 2nd September 2021 and 15th September 2022. No post camera manipulation will be permitted — except minor cropping, straightening and exposure adjustments.
Up to seven photos allowed
1. People – Femininity/Masculinity – More than an image, rather a visual expression (your interpretation) of the essence of being male or female of any age.
2. Companionable animals – Filling a void (or finding a place) at any age. Capturing the magical attraction of small furry, hairy, scaled or feathered companions.
3. Nature — The Seasons and Weather – The delights and excitement of the seasonal or climatic changes in the natural world around you.
4. Refections – An image reflected in any surface. The image and its reflection may be artistically presented to misrepresent which is which.
5. Ugly – Anything at all that the photographer believes to be ugly and this is obvious to the beholder from within the photograph.
6. Simplicity – Images which say more with less and/or by powerful composition and/or the use or absence of colour.
7. Form or shapes in Nature – Images that capture naturally created lines, shapes, patterns, or mathematical sequences, etc. in the natural world.
Champion Digital Photographers
Winners will be selected by judge/s.
40 points for first place, 30 points for second place
20 points for third place, 10 points for highly commended 1 club point for each photograph entered.
Winners will be announced at the ASCCA Conference on 10th November.
Their names, selfies and entries will be published on the ASCCA website afterwards